Thursday, November 18, 2010

Yesterday the USA celebrated ( is that really the word I want there?) "National Unfriend Day" for the first time ever, thanks to the efforts of late-night host Jimmy Kimmel. Not that is was actually much of an effort. He went on tv and said "Today is National Unfriend Day" and that was it. But it had to be done.

In fact, it's a brilliant idea and should be celebrated more than once a year, IMHO.

In fact, several times every month seems preferable....or is that just me being crabby about all that Mafia Wars crap cluttering up my wall? And no, Farmville Psychos, I don't want to buy you a cow or send you mangelwurzels.

One thing that slightly amelliorates my crabby is this- the semi-official song of the Facebook clean-up movement:

3 comments:

AnneC. said...

awesome song! XD

Joy said...

Fantastic song!!

I think I share your crabbiness. I recently went through my "friend" list and removed distant cousins that have never been nice to me, and old high school classmates that I have not talked to in the past almost 20 years.

Facebook is an interesting social gathering place, and is fun to watch, in a non-creepy, let's examine how different personality types gather and add friends, sort of way...

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your Grandma, I have lost all my Grandparents and can underdstand how you feel.