Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Yesterday I woke up to a blizzard.
It snowed all morning, quit for a bit and then snowed again all night. It was nasty, windy and snowy.
I thought it was supposed to be spring now! I'm SO ready for daffodils and green grass.

I was pretty cross and confused until I remembered this little saying that they have here in the Haute Savoie about the month of March:
"In like a lion, out like an enraged polar bear."

Ok, I just made that up.
But they NEED a saying like that so that people don't get crazy, unrealistic ideas about lambs...

3 comments:

oreneta said...

So, would you say that you are actually missing the weather in Burkina at this point?

La Framéricaine said...

That's amazing!

I do hope that spring comes quickly so that you and your family can begin enjoying the sun and all the new life that it inspires.

Beth said...

Rocky- I wouldn't go so far as to say that! Back in Ouaga it is full-on hot season, complete with daily power cuts. I vastly prefer to be where I am now. I am just a bit frustrated because I want to start planting a garden and putting in flower bed.

P.- I think so, too. I'd forgotten about the crazy spring snowstorms that come with mountain life. It's better than messy rain downpours, anyway...