Friday, July 11, 2008

So, here's the story; We're in a small Burkinabe village and all of a sudden, I change into a chicken. Sometimes I'm a turkey, but usually a chicken.

Anyway, there I am, all poutry-fied and Valentine is trying to catch me, but I run away. In my panic I run near the village reservoir which is filled with crocodiles. And there I meet the inevitable sad end of village chickens that venture near crocodile-infested waters.


This is a dream that Valentine (eldest daughter) has had repeatedly over the last few years. Her mom turns into a bird and runs around until torn apart by savage reptiles.
How strange is that? What does it mean?


Guess it's time to leave.


We'll have the fried chicken with sides of both coleslaw and psychoanalysis, please.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to wish you safe travels and a smooth transition back to western life. Your blog has been so much fun to read.
Ellen